MarcusTheMacGenius
MarcusTheMacGenius, Mac Genius
Experience:  7+ years experience, former Mac Genius, Apple Certified by Apple Inc.
19182105

I need bad Help in opening th CD Draw on my G4 quick silve

Customer Question

I need bad Help in opening th CD Draw on my G4 quick silver
Category: Mac
Expert:  MarcusTheMacGenius replied 5 years ago.
The quickest way to eject the cd is to hold down the mouse button (if you have a 2 button mouse, hold down the left button on the mouse) when you boot up the machine. Keep it held until you reach the actual log in screen as it may take it that long to eject.   You can also try holding down the eject key when you boot, or the f12 key when you boot as well. One other option if all of that doesn't work is to hold the option key when you boot and when it loads up the boot selection screen (you'll have control of a mouse from here) then try pressing the eject key.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Marcus
Thank you in helping me. My problem was not ejecting disk it was in opening
it to copy. I recalled your advise and held down the mouse and it opened
I am burning some of the info now and would like you to see if this fix
is going to work on getting my data on to a comp that can get online??
I am also wondering why with the surge this was the only computer to act up
My gal was telling me the Ethernet conecting cable was the problem but I checked the cable
checked the cable and it was fine with the other comps.Do you think that something went
wrong with the inside of the computer??
Everything else seems to work fine but I need transfer all the data for the printer.