Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I have a Panasonic PV-GS320 camcorder. I am using a 4 Gb SDHC

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic PV-GS320 camcorder. I am using a 4 Gb SDHC card for still photos, which works great.
I would like to transfer some photos FROM iPhoto TO this memory card in the camera. I'm connected with USB, the camera shows up in iPhoto and I can go from the camera to iPhoto, but not the other way around.
My goal is to fill the card with photos for use in a digital picture frame.
How can I make this transfer, and thanks for any help!!
Dave Hartl
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Use iPhoto and make a folder containing the photos you want on your card and EXPORT that folder to your desktop or someplace where you know they are. Then plug your SD card into your Mac and open a Finder window and drag the exported folder to your SD card.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know how to export photos out of iPhoto, but the question has to do with interfacing the SD card with the Mac. You say to plug it in, but how is that accomplished? The only slot the SD card fits into is in the camera itself, which is not recognized by the Mac's desktop.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
You will need an SD card reader.   They have a usb plug on one end and a slot for the SD card on the other end and they cost about $10.00.