MarcusTheMacGenius, Mac Genius
Experience:  7+ years experience, former Mac Genius, Apple Certified by Apple Inc.

My computer doesnt recognize my iphone

Customer Question

My computer doesn't recognize my iphone?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MarcusTheMacGenius replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using You say you've tried the 5 R's, were you able to restore your iphone to factory settings or does itunes not even recognize the iphone to do a proper restore? If itunes isn't even recognizing the iphone to do a proper restore then try this. Put the phone into DFU mode. Here is a quick vid to show you how ( ). Just like in the vid, itunes will now recognize your phone and allow you to restore it. Restoring it will wipe your phone clean, delete anything on it, and restore it back to factory setting. Try this and see if itunes will recognize your iphone after doing a restore in DFU mode.

If this information solved your problem, please click 'Problem Solved'. Thank you!