Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I tried to download a program onto the imac, but was being

I tried to download a program onto the imac, but was being asked to enter an installer code. Is anyway I can bypass this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
The installer code is a way to verify that you own the program. When you pay for the program the company that makes the software give you an installer code so they know it's properly licensed. The only way around it is to pay the license fee.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What I meant is the person who owns the iMac has some kind of setting that anyone else should try to down load any program onto his/her computer needs to enter some kind of codewhich probably was pre-programed by the owner of the iMac. If this is the case, is anyway can by pass such procedure?

Thank you

Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
I have never heard that referred to as a code. The prompt on the screen says password XXXXX you try to add programs to a Mac. Passwords are controlled in ACCOUNTS in your SYSTEM PREFERENCES. You will need to know his password XXXXX change it.
Master password XXXXX be reset by booting from the system CD that came with your Mac.