Dave Huber
Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Mac user since 1984, Mac Support Specialist since 1999. In charge of over 700 Macs at current job.

when printing from mac os10.5, using indesign CS3, I get a

Customer Question

when printing from mac os10.5, using indesign CS3, I get a message that states ( pictwpstops
got an error closing psstream=-50)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dave Huber replied 5 years ago.
Hello there,

Please tell me exactly which version of 10.5 you are using...10.5.5, 10.5.6, 10.5.7?

Thank you,

Dave
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Dave,

10.5.6

Okay, this may not help, but worth a try. 10.5.5 broke a lot of printing, and the error you are getting is fairly widespread, though the instances of it happening in InDesign seem to be mostly in CS and CS1.

If you are up to it, please update to OS X 10.5.7 and see if this resolves your issue. Please do not press "accept" unless it actually fixes the problem.

I may not be available the rest of the night, but if your issue remains, please notify me so I can point you to a few more possibilities.

Also, can you please tell me the exact printer you are trying to print to?

Thanks.

Dave
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Dave,

The Printer I am using is the newest MFP from Ricoh ( MPC6000 )

It has 1.5 gig of ram, it does have true post script3 on board. It is being printed to

via network ip. so I think it is going through CUPS with TBCP -encoded output.

the printer is set to auto on encoding, either binary or tbcp. its does have pcl

but its defaulted to PS. The drivers are new, May 2009, And are made for

ver. 10.5 and above. The mac os is running Lepord if that make any diff.

Okay, I am going to try to help you, but up front I have to say that figuring out complicated printing errors remotely is pretty tough. I do IT work for an Ad Agency, but at least I have the benefit of having remote access so I can at least see the screen,

I'll give you some things to try, and hopefully one of them will work out. If not, feel free not to press "accept" unless you want me to get paid for my time instead of a correct answer! : )

Please try the following:

Open your Document in ID CS3

Choose File -> Print

Click "Graphics"

By "Fonts," choose "NONE" from the download menu

Try to print your document.

If you still have issues, it's not a font problem.

Then try:

Choose File -> Print

Click "Graphics"

Choose "NONE" from the "Send Data" menu

Try to print your document.

If you still cannot, then it's not a font or graphic corruption issue...

I will keep digging.

-Dave
Dave Huber, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Mac user since 1984, Mac Support Specialist since 1999. In charge of over 700 Macs at current job.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Dave,

I will try that.

I am actually the ricoh field service mgr.

I am doing this on my own to try to solve this problem for a

new account that we sold to.

Cannon was there previous vendor and really never solved anything.

So i am doing what i can.

I have some experience with macs and can work my way through it pretty

well, but this one is strange

Let me know if you come up with anything more.

Thanks for your time.

MikeV.