Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

We utilize a Mac-Mini with OSX 10.4.5 as a server in our business

We utilize a Mac-Mini with OSX 10.4.5 as a server in our business running Filemaker Pro Server 5.5 software which supports 10 workstations utilizing a Filemaker solution as our primary business software. We have automated back-ups done four times daily to an external hard disc which uses the Filemaker Server software for this function. On our previous server, we used Quick Keys to automate the function of shutting down Filemaker Server at night and then restarting Filemaker later on, with the primary thought being that a nightly restart helped keep things cleaned up on this computer. Are we right in thinking this and if so, can this function be achieved without reverting back to Quick Keys given the fact that the shut down process must facilitate the disconnection of logged on user that filed to disconnect at the end of the work day.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
You could do what you want to do with this application called Mac Restart.