Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

previous question my quadpro goes to sleep on startup and

Customer Question

previous question: "my quadpro goes to sleep on startup and my monitor does not turn on." I got an answer and tried the resetting PRAM solution which seemed to resolve the hard drive, however, my monitor is still dead. Can you tell me what is still wrong with my monitor?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Let's try booting from your system CD.

Place the CD that came with your computer in the drive. Reboot and immediately press and hold the C key on the keyboard until you see the Apple Logo on the screen.

If that restores your screen then use the Disk Utility under the Utilities menu to Repair your hard drive.

Reboot your computer.

If that didn't solve it then use the steps above to restart from the CD and Update your operating system from the CD. It's important that you UPDATE so you do not erase all the data from your hard drive.

After the update go to Apple's Apple Updates... repeatedly until you have all the updates.