Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

The left side panel tha contains links to inbox, sent, trash,

Customer Question

The left side panel tha contains links to inbox, sent, trash, drafts, etc is no longer on my Apple screen. How do i get it back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
Those items are normally in your Finder window under the tab named Places. Make sure your Places arrow is pointed down or open.

Any item you see in the right finder window can be dragged into the Places section of the finder. If you want something off the list, just drag it off the window and it will poof and be gone.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The panel I'm looking for is the one in the Email progam "thunderbird'.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
OK, Good to know.

You can tell Thunderbird to use a different folder (or a folder in a different account) using "Tools -> Account Settings -> Copies & Folders".

If you have not yet updated to Thunderbird 2, do that because it improves the folder functions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That doesn't do it! What I'm lookinh for is the panel in my THUNDERBIRD display that list the links to: XXXXX XXXXX DRAFTS, TRASH, ETC.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
Click on the arrow just to the left of Local Folders to open the view.

If you right click in the blue area under Local Folders a window pops up and you can choose New Folder...
Name it want you want. Then go to Preferences to set your actions to those folders.
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience: I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Non of the things you suggested solved the problem! I got an answer from our sin in Boston.
The problem was that some how the "splitter" bar had been moved by one of using the computer. Moving it back solved theproblem. BUT, you earned the ten bucks so I will click on accept.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 5 years ago.
Thank You!