MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

I bought an Apple Nano iPod from a dealer and was given a CD

Customer Question

I bought an Apple Nano iPod from a dealer and was given a CD for loading iTunes. After eight attempts, it still has not loaded. It gets as far as the iTunes + QuickTime display showing the following message:Registering iTunes automation server. I have left it overnight with no further progress. Please help with this as I am eager to start using my iPod - Chris.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello Chris, and thank you for asking your question, with
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue,
Try the website downloads page link (below) for iTunes 8.2 instead of the CD.

Download iTunes 8.2

• This is always a sure-fire way to install iTunes on any computer. If you noticed,
the link I provided you above, does not specify whether the download for iTunes 8.2 is for Mac or PC. Nor did I ask you what OS are you using Mac or PC.

The reason I have not just yet, is because this will be a good way for you to see the reliability of the download for your computer, to be able to determine whether you are on a Mac or PC when you go to the iTunes downloads page.

When you click the link, it should automatically have the download available for whatever OS you are using.

So try this process and let me know if it works. If it does not, when you reply back be sure to provide me what Operating System you are using and what model of computer you currently have (include the processor if you can) and I will be glad to help you troubleshoot this issue further.

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!