Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

Mozilla thunderbird no longer appears to be on my imac - I

Mozilla thunderbird no longer appears to be on my imac - I suspect my kids did something to the computer this afternoon. using the mozilla website, I was able to find my profile files and several related files such as abook.mab show that they were updated at 6:36pm today (before I got home) is there any way to restore thunderbird without deleting all of my existing emails including those saved in personal folders?

Yes, if you can't find the Thunderbird application anywhere. Find your original download .dmg file and open it again or download another one and drag the application right back in the Applications folder. You shouldn't have to touch anything else. Drag your new Thunderbird application in the Dock where ever you want, click it and everything should be right back where you left it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, so I found Thunderbird.dmg and when I double click on it, the window opens noting that I am about to install Thunderbird once I accept the terms and conditions. Should I be installing?
Yes, you always have to accept the terms of an application to install it. You won't hurt anything.