Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

Thanks for your helpful answer. Following your advice, I have

Thanks for your helpful answer. Following your advice, I have ordered an upgrade to iMac OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard). (As you know, I am upgrading from OS X 10.3.9.) A friend told me that it would be prudent to back up all my files before doing the upgrade. Do you agree. If so, how do I do the backup?

Thanks for your help. I will be completely "happy" when the upgrade is completed.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Backing up your computer files is always a good idea. When you run the 10.5 installer you will be given an option to update or do a clean install. The clean install wipes out all your files. The update is the one you should choose because your files will not be lost.