Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.

My iPhone says Restore from ITunes. Calls cannot be made or

Customer Question

My iPhone says Restore from ITunes. Calls cannot be made or recrived. What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

I have an iPhone also. Nice device until you run into what you have.

Plug in the iPhone into the computer that you have been syncing it up with previously. Click your iPhone in the left sidebar under the Devices. There are tabs across the top after clicking your phone in the Devices. Select Summary if it's not already highlighted. Near the middle/right of the screen there is a Restore button. That is what you need to click to restore the phone to it's original working condition.

Let us know if it restores it to working condition.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My phone says to check the sim card to see that it isn't pin locked. I don't know what this means.
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
Ok, to me that means something is wrong with the sim card. To be honest with you, I wouldn't mess with it. I would take it to an Apple Store or an AT&T store and tell them this. Here is a web page on how to replace the sim card but I would talk to someone at AT&T first. Here's the page:
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
Here is Apple's web page on verifying if the hardware on the phone is working properly: