Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

All the applications (and the information in the them) were

All the applications (and the information in the them) were deleted off of my iTouch when it was plugged into my iMac. It appeared when the computer synced my Touch, everything got deleted. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Complete a Regular Restore
Step 1
Back up your iPod Touch's data to your computer before the restore to prevent losing data. You'll need to reinstall it after the restore process.

Step 2
Connect to the Internet and install the latest version of iTunes from the Apple website.

Step 3
Make sure your iPod Touch is connected to your computer.

Step 4
Pick "iPod Touch" in the Source pane of the iTunes program.

Step 5
Click on the Summary tab.

Step 6
Choose "Check for Update."

Step 7
Select "Restore" and follow the instructions to finish restoring your iPod Touch.

Complete an Advanced Restore
Step 1
If following the steps in the previous section did not work, follow these steps to perform an advanced restore. Turn off the power on the iPod Touch.

Step 2
Plug the iPod Touch into your computer.

Step 3
Power on the iPod Touch.

Step 4
Press the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" buttons together for 5 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Step 5
Release the "Sleep/Wake" button but continue holding down the "Home" button. The iPod Touch should reboot, and iTunes will notice the iPod Touch in recovery mode.

Step 6
Return to the above section and follow those steps to restore your iPod Touch.