MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years

safari not responding. just get the spinning beach ball. I

safari not responding. just get the spinning beach ball. I have to frequently force quit the application and reopen to continue browsing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• Click open a new Finder window and select Library folder
• Within the Library folder, select Preferences
• Locate and remove to the trash this file: com.apple.safari.plist
• now select the back button on the left corner of the same Finder window.
• This will take you back Library folder. Now locate Caches folder and remove
to the Trash as well.

• Close the Finder window as well as any open applications and the Log out.
• Now log back in and attempt to launch Safari.
• If it opens without freezing, surf a few websites for a few minutes to see if there is any recurrence of the non-responsive issue you previously had with Safari.

If Safari still does not respond after this procedure, try this:

-RUN DISK UTILITY-

Go to Finder Menu bar
• Click Go > Utilities > Disk Utility and open up Disk Utility app.
• Click on Macintosh HD volume (or on the name you have changed
this volume to.)
• Select "Repair Disk Permissions"
**Let Disk Utilities run this repair permissions until completion
- This is not often a necessary step, but in the many of the hands-on software and Mac OS X troubleshooting I have done on Macs, I almost always run it just because it does repair alot of the permissions on files which can sometimes affect how certain applications, files and folders work. It also improves your Mac's performance a bit too:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years