Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

help! my iphone has deleted ALL of my contact info. It is

help! my iphone has deleted ALL of my contact info. It is still in the address book on my computer. How to I get the info back into my iphone--major problem. Please help!!!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

I have an iPhone and do like it. This is how I get my contacts into my iPhone; Open Address Book in the Applications folder in your computer and make Groups on the left side of Address Book if you want to. The reason for Groups is, let's say you have tons of contacts but only want certain ones on your iPhone. What you do is create a new Group, name it whatever you want, let's say iPhone by clicking the plus button at the bottom of the window. Go to your All contacts at the top and drag the contacts you want to show up in your iPhone into the iPhone group.

Then connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes if it doesn't launch automatically. Your iPhone will show up in the left sidebar. Click it and in the window on the right you will see a tab for contacts. Click that and put a check mark beside the contact groups you want to sync with your iPhone. In this case it means put a check mark beside the iPhone group. Click Sync at the lower right corner and they should sync up with your iPhone.