Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I have a Canon Pixma MX300 printer. The printer says there

I have a Canon Pixma MX300 printer. The printer says there is a paper jam and I need to clear out any paper stuck. However there is no paper anywhere that I can see. The error showed up when I sent the prompt to print a word document. The printer head started printing, but the paper did not advance to be printed on! There is no paper showing anywhere in the printer except in the feeder tray. I have tried numerous times to get it to print, including turning the printer on and off, unplugging the printer and then trying 10 minutes later, unplugging the computer, disconnecting the USB cord and reconnecting. What do you suggest?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
My experience is that if it says there is a paper jam there is something in there that you might not be able to see. If you have a thick piece of card stock see if you can feed that through to get a stuck piece out.

There should also be a clear button on the printer.