Ask Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac Your Own Qu...

Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac
Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator, Using Macs since 1987
16316890

all of a sudden my hp 7410 has stopped printing the clues to

all of a sudden my hp 7410 has stopped printing the clues to my crossword. it prints the grid. Have tried printing in acrobat and preview. have tried safari and firefox. I have reinstalled the printer and tried other web sites as well.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac replied 7 years ago.
What operating system are you using? (10.3, 10.4, 10.5, etc)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
10.5.6
Please try resetting your printing system, and re-adding the printer:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341

Also power cycle (turn off/on) your printer and ensure the cable is properly connected.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Luis
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the printer is networked using bonjour over a wired ehternet. i have restarted both printer and imac three times and reinstalled the software
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the printer is network connected over ethernet using bonjour i have restarted the printer three times also the mac
Resetting the printing system is not the same as re-installing the printer software/drivers.

Does the printer work when printing other types of documents?

Does the printer work when printing anything from any other software?

Does your printer have enough ink in it?

Regards,

Luis
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its not printing anything that needs black so i guess it is a black cartridge problem but normally the printer tells me when the cartridge is low.
I would definitely try replacing the black ink cartridge. Especially if there are other colours that print OK.

If you are using non-HP or re-filled catridges, these will not communicate status level information properly with the printer subsystem, causing the printer to NOT warn you of low ink levels.

Also, if the printer hasn't been used in a while, it's possible the black ink has slightly "dried up" in the nozzle area, preventing it from printing. You may also wan to run the printer utilities for cleaning the nozzles. You may need to connect the printer directly via USB for this process to complete reliably, and for your computer to obtain printer status information properly.

Warmest Regards,

Luis