MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

HOW DO I SET UP MAC MAIL,OR AM I ALREADY SETUP

HOW DO I SET UP MAC MAIL,OR AM I ALREADY SETUP?
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:

• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Are you accessing your email through a web browser? (i.e. Safari and Firefox)

• Or do you use an email client ? (i.e. Mac OS Mail, Thunderbird 2, AOL Desktop for Mac 1.5, Entourage, etc)

• Without providing your email* what is the name of your email service? (i.e. Mac/MobileMe, Gmail, AOL, Comcast, Verizon, AOL, etc)
* (we would not be able to see it via these posts, because JustAnswer.com will block your email from being viewed for your privacy)

I just need this basic information in order to further assist you.

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

-TD
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
MAC VERSION 10.5.2
SAFARI THEN GO TO WEB
E-MAIL SERVER-CCWEBSTER.NET
Thanks for your reply.

If your ccwebster.net email is setup already in Leopard's Mac OS X Mail for you to receive and send emails, then you should see the icon below on your Dock (the Dock is the bar at the bottom of your windows with a number of icons displayed on it.)
graphic
This icon on the Dock, is the quick way you can open your email
to view your mail.
graphic
Please Note:
This is not set up automatically, so if you do not recall setting this account up then it will have to be setup and I will be glad to assist you.

If you can please click on the Stamp icon now and let me know if you see an inbox with your emails or just an introduction screen.

Please let me know, and if the window you see is the introduction email, just reply back to this email and I will help you get your email setup in a few simple steps.

Thanks I await your reply.

-TD

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if this is the e-mail for mac. why can i not reply to a ad such as crigs list
Thanks for your patience. This is what I am working to find out.

If you are able to click on the stamp icon and open and see your ccwebster.net email, then your mail is setup in Mac OS X Mail.

If your email does not show up with incoming emails in the inbox, this is what you will need to do:

Mac OS X Mail Setup (for 10.5 Leopard)

**This process below, if you follow it step by step will allow you to setup your CC Webster email account.

* Open Mail application (the postage stamp icon in your Dock).
If you have never entered any email settings on this computer, you will be shown a window titled "Welcome to Mail."

• In the Full Name box, enter your name as you would like it to appear in your outgoing email messages.

• Enter your Email Address and Email Password from your ccwebster.net email

• If a checkbox titled "Automatically set up account" checkbox appears, deselect it.

• In the Account Type menu, select POP.

• In the Description box, enter anything you like. I recommend entering the name of your email- such as "CC Webster email " or something like that

• Next, you will need to Enter the Incoming Mail Server from your ccwebster email service
** Your incoming email server address(for receiving emails) for ccwebster.net is: mail.ccwebster.net

**Mail should fill out the User Name and Password XXXXX for you. If not, enter your Email Login and Email Password XXXXX your CC webster.net email account

• Now, click Continue. If a message saying "Checking connection to mail server" appears, click Cancel and then click Continue again to proceed.

In the Description box, enter the Outgoing Mail Server from your CC Webster.net -- Outgoing mail server address (for sending emails) - the email server address for ccwebster is: mail.ccwebster.net

• In the Outgoing Mail Server box, just enter the Outgoing email server address for ccwebster.net, which is : mail.ccwebster.net.
---You may leave the checkbox labeled "Use only this server" selected.

• Ignore the Use Authentication section and click Continue. If a message saying "Checking connection to mail server" appears, click Cancel and then click Continue again to proceed.

In the Outgoing Mail Security window, ignore the "use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)" checkbox and click Continue.

Deselect the checkbox titled "Take account online." Click Create.

In the menu, choose Mail -> Preferences. Click the Accounts icon. Select your new account in the left pane.

• On the right, select the Advanced tab. Deselect the Use SSL checkbox.

• Close the Accounts window, clicking Save when prompted.
Connect to the Internet. In the Mail menu, go to Mailbox -> Get New Mail from the menu and choose your new account.

Now this is the step by step on how to setup your CC Webster.net email in Mac OS X Mail for Leopard 10.5. If you have any questions during this process, please let me know and I will be glad to assist you. I am always prepared to assist you as I can.

Thanks for your patience! I await your reply.

-TD