Ask Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac Your Own Qu...

Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac
Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator, Using Macs since 1987

I have tried to download firefox, but I am unable to do so,

Customer Question

I have tried to download firefox, but I am unable to do so, because there are priordown loads. As a result I am unable to use the program. I am unable to actually use the program so I am unable to employ the sites (my bank statements) and go to the actulal programs. In othe words Firefox is useless
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• What version of Firefox are you attempting to use?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
your question was to name the firefox icon. I am unable to identify any name or identification for firefox
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 years ago.
Hi - to remove Firefox (either or both copies), you would use the facility in Start - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs. Locate the Firefox program you want to remove in the listing there, click once on the listing, then click on the Remove button. Follow through the procedure.
And repeat for the other copy of Firefox.
And then go into Start - Control Panel - Internet Options, and go to the Programs tab. On it, click on the Make Default button (if necessary and desired), to make Internet Explorer your default browser (which may cure some obscure problems with links... but with both Firefox copies removed, it may not be necessary to do this.)

If that doesn't work (the removal of Firefox, or anything else I've mentioned) ... let me know, and I can advise you further.

(If this settles your tech issue, please signify so to the system by clicking Accept for this answer. And if not, let me know what's wrong.)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do I get to remove bitton?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no start on a mac and I cannot find a firefox program,any thing that might help?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no start or control panel, at least that I know of, I would like to delete firefox so I might start over
Sorry! I thought you were using a Windows PC. My mistake entirely. I'm going to turn your call over to one of our Apple Experts. Thanks for your patience.

(Note to next Expert who looks at this: the machine in question is an iMac 7.1 - Could the problem be that of Firefox-for-Apple vs. Firefox-for-Windows ??)
Expert:  Luis Giraldo - Monkey Mac replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

Where are you trying to use Firefox:

a) On the Mac Operating system
b) You are using Windows with your mac and would like to use Firefox on the Windows side

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there is no start on a imac

at this point I simply want to delete firefox. The only purpose had been useful had been to access my bank statement, but I now able to use safari. I am not sure of any value for firefox at this time.
In that case, all that is required to delete Firefox is to drag it from your Applications folder into the trash, and empty your trash. This will remove the Firefox application, if it had been properly installed.

If you also had an icon in your dock, dragging the icon off of the dock will remove it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am certainly not getting any answers that I have been seeking. there is no way of finding applications. I do not mean,but I am not getting information to enable me to delete firefox.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
removal site of firefox does not appear that I can find. Starting firefox icon provides does not get me to any applications. All it comes up with a box in upper right hand corner "most visible" does not seem to offer anything, if there is I would be delighted to find it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You seem to believe that you have given me an answer. I have not found any answer to anything, You keeps asking questions but I don't see how you recognize what I was responding to your questions
My apologies, I lost internet connectivity.

So, you last said that you would like to delete Firefox, and you said that you have an iMac7,1. This model of computer may have Tiger (10.4.x) or Leopard (10.5.x) operating systems. The instructions below apply to either one.

To delete an application, you must remove it (drag to trash, or delete) from the Applications folder.

To get to the Applications folder, there are several ways:

1) Double-click on "Macintosh HD" on your Desktop, then double-click on Applications.

2) Select Finder and Press Shift+Command+A on the keyboard.

3) Click on "Finder" in your Dock to open a new Finder window, and click on "Applications" from the left-hand sidebar of the window.

4) Type "Firefox" in the Spotlight search field, and Command-Click on the result "Firefox" to reveal it in the Finder.

5) From the Finder, click File > New Finder Window, then click on "Applications" from the left-hand sidebar of the window.

If this process is still unclear, please let me know.

Warmest Regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
then applications(1)   I get a message that Firefox cannot be dragged to trash because it is open (2)double left click Mactosh application and has no firefox (3) finder has no secondary finder (4) spot light firefox and no a pplications (5) finder has no file (6) no response to comand when firefox responds.

Then you need to quit Firefox first, then repeat step number 1 which seems to be the one that will work for you.

If you're not sure how to quit an application, then:

1) Click on your Apple menu at the top left of the screen.
2) Select "Force Quit"
3) Click once on Firefox in the list of open applications
4) Select Force Quit

5) Try to delete Firefox again.