Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

We were with Bob Cook and gave more infor hit reply and lost

We were with Bob Cook and gave more infor hit reply and lost contact?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Click on "My Questions" in the upper right and it will take you back to your original question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We changed from to And now we are having problems, I can receive mail but I cannot send mail. According to Help in mac. They say if you change your Internet service provider (ISP). change your base station's Internet settings using the AirPort Setup Assistant. I do not have the card for Airport installed on my mac. What do I do. The other provider never had any problems. But they had someone on staff that new how to fix the Mac. When I had problems. It seems like everyone knows how to fix Pcs. But when it comes to Mac I never know where go for help until found your web site.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.

I know that I can help you but I still shooting in the dark because I don't have a clear picture of how you use email.

What application are you using to receive your email?

In that application there should be an account setting for outgoing server. Will you tell me the setting you have on your Mac now?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Application to receive e-mail is internet explorer. Outgoing server is
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
OK make sure you use authentication. You username should be your email address. Then enter you password.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry Bob this did not help still have problems. We are real novices at this so we may not have given you the right info. Is there a chance we could be called at XXX-XXX-XXXX?
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Just answer x's out your phone number. They only allow contact from this forum.
All outgoing mail is handled by the SMTP server. Those Servers require that you log in and that you use the correct port. Username are usually the same as email addresses and the Password XXXXX XXXXX email's password. The port is 25.