Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience
13058298

After I downloaded the newest update of itunes and I shut down

After I downloaded the newest update of itunes and I shut down my mac book pro (tiger) my computer would no boot up. I got the apple white screen for about 45 minutes then I shut down the computer. When I tried to reboot I got a black screen with some info, but it never booted up. I have tried several fixes discussed in my manual, but to no avail. What can I do now? thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
Hello Ginna,

Oh no! Let's try to get your computer booting again. I'd like you to shut it down and then try to boot it into safe mode by following these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

If it boots successfully into safe mode, then go ahead and reboot in normal mode and see if the computer comes up.

Let me know what happens either way. If this doesn't work, there are other things we can try that will require your original Mac OS X install/restore disk that came with your laptop.

Kind regards,

Shawn
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how do i boot in safe mode
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
Ginna.

Please follow the instructions at this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

Kind regards,

Shawn
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have stgarted in the safe mode but the little geer is still turning
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.
Hi Ginna,

It may take a half hour or more to boot in that mode. Leave it for a bit and let me know if it boots or not.

Kind regards,

Shawn