Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

Having two problems with Mail

Having two problems with Mail:

I'll wait for you to finish your question and then i can help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is that enough info. or do you need more?
- Will

Here is a solution from the Apple Support Article related to this issue;

1. From the Finder's Go menu choose Go to Folder.

2. Go to this location (type or paste the tollowing, then click Go):

3. Move the items named "MessageRules.plist" and "MessageRules.plist.backup" to another location, such as your desktop. Also remove the file named Envelope Index.

Note: If you previously upgraded from Mac OS X 10.3 to Mac OS X 10.5, the files will be named "MessageSorting.plist" and "MessageSorting.plist.backup".

4. Next close the Mail folder and open the Preferences folder. Look for and remove the file called

4. Open Mail. Note: At this point you can either set your Junk Mail settings and re-create your Mail rules manually in Mail preferences, or follow the next two steps (if you re-create rules and Junk settings, do not perform the following steps).

5. Quit Mail.

6. Place the items named "MessageRules.plist" and "MessageRules.plist.backup" back in the ~/Library/Mail folder (replace any copies that were added to ~/Library/Mail when you opened Mail).

Try that and see if it helps with your issue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, Mail is working again (thank you!), and I don't need to "force quit" to get it to quit, but there's one thing that is still not happening: the mailboxes I created to save various messages that I wanted to keep into various categories are all still there, but are empty - I know the info. is in the mail/library, but it somehow didn't make it over.
Ok, try this.

Go to the mailbox and click once on it.
Then go to the Mailbox menu and choose Rebuild.

See if that works. Do it for each mailbox that isn't working correctly.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is the first time I've used this service, and I can't tell if you got paid yet for answering my question.
- Will

Yes, I got the Accept. Thank you for that and please come back if you need anything again.