Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

i inserted a cd. when it didnt start, i went to finder, preferences,

i inserted a cd. when it didn't start, i went to finder, preferences, etc and then to apple, preferences, etc. nothing. i restarted the mac to see if that would get the cd going - now my computer seems to be frozen - it's not starting. help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your Mac didn't start because of the disk then you can just eject it.

Hold down the eject button on the Keyboard while booting
(This may take some time, keep the keys hold down till the cd ejects)

OR

Hold down the left mouse button while booting your Mac. This will eject your disk

Let Me Know how it goes before Accepting....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tried that and it didn't work. anything else?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
So there is disk in your drive and you can't eject it. Right ?

Please try this also :

If the computer is not responding, hold the power button until it turns off
Unplug all cables from the computer, including the power cord and any display cables.
Wait at least 15 - 30 seconds.
Plug the power cord back in, making sure the power button is not being pressed at the time. Then reconnect your keyboard and mouse to the computer.
Press the power button on the back to start up your computer.

Then try to eject it....

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry Ashik, i should have specified that i have a macbook.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Okay...Here it is
  1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the computer's battery.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds and then release the button.
  4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
  5. Press the power button to restart the computer
Restart your Mac, hold down your left mouse/trackpad button. Keep it down till the disk eject (It will take more time to eject)

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did as you instructed. still nothing. the screen remians a glowing gray and i can hear the disc spinning. any other solutions?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I think the cd is stuked in your Drive and it need to be repaired. I know another solution, but i don't want to give it to you. Its hardware related and i am afraid to give it to you..

I am going to opt-out and other experts will help you...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for trying.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

As Ashik already stated, there is only one more method and it involves hardware. It is not advisable to try that method and I recommend you get it to an Apple Service Provider or Apple Genius at the Apple Store. They will be able to get the disk out without damaging the drive.

This is the best course of action.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing new. that's exactly what ashik said. please do not post unless you are offering help.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I won't post because there is nothing else to tell you.

The drive is most likely stuck or broken.

Good luck.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
-