Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I use an iMac with OSX10.5.6 and Firefox 3.0.10. My problem

I use an iMac with OSX10.5.6 and Firefox 3.0.10. My problem that to log to my mail boxes at the ISP I need to go to Tools and "Clear Private Data" first. Otherwise when I log-in the computer goes back to the ISP home page
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.

Does this behavior happen with any other browsers?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. I do have Safari, but have been using Firefox only as my browser; all my bookmarksqre in Firefox. For my mail I use Apple's "Mail".
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok,

So clearing Private Data then allows you to login and use the site properly, but then if you navigate away and come back to login again, the site just boots you back to the main page and no login happens.

I'd like you to try Safari. If it works, then we wil have verified it is not something on the network that is causing the browser to do that.

Also, in that version of Firefox, add the website into your do not store passwords for this site list. That way it should not have any issues with that and clearing will not be needed. Support Article.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know that when I delete saved passwords ( ie Clear the Private Data) I can go to the website, and that is true as long as I do not save them again. I thought it should be possible to have the passwords saved, and be able to log in ?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Oh,

Some websites do not allow that. I know 2 of my bank sites do not allow saved passwords, and I have come across many more that don't either.

It may just be a feature to provide more security on the site.

I would say contact the we site manager (webmaster or support) and ask if they prevent passwords from being saved.

It may actually be normal.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting