Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

There appears to be a CD stuck in the drive as when I attempt

There appears to be a CD stuck in the drive as when I attempt to put a new one in it won't accept it.....and I can't get the one that's in there out. what can I do? eject button does nothing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

What else have you tried to get the disk out?

What Mac is this specifically?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Powerbook G4 12 inch
only have pushed eject button
don't know other choices
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok.

When you push the eject button, you should see a large eject icon on screen.

Another way is to restart the Mac and then right away, hold down your trackpad button. Keep it down and then the disk should eject.

If it does not eject, then we need to make absolutely sure there is a disk in there and the drive is not jammed or broken.

So, go to your Apple Menu and choose About this Mac... In here, click on the More Info button.

in here, look for the Disk Burning section, click on that, and tell me if there is anything listed on the right side for media. It will be at the bottom.

if nothing is listed (it would say something like ' insert media to see burning speeds') then there may not be a disk in there and the drive may be broken or jammed.

Let me know how you make out,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So I did the restart thing and nothing happened and when I checked the disk burning section it said "no" in the disk area. When it restarts it makes a small noise in the disk area. What's next to try?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It did not say" insert media to see burning speeds" or anything of the sort,,,just no
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When I press the eject button the icon appears but there is no sound or hint of activity within the drive.
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
It sounds like there is not disk in there.

I would have to say the drive may be damaged or stuck in between ejecting and inserting and may not be responsive anymore.

When you insert a disk, if there is a lot of resistance, then the drive is not set. You may need to get it to a repair shop to have it looked at.

The System Profiler verifies that no disk is mounted, although it does not guarantee there is not disk is in there at all.

My botXXXXX XXXXXne is get it to a shop an have it looked at so there is no more possibility of damaging it trying other things.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you. I was coming to the conclusion of needing to take it to a shop...

I need to install printer drivers. can I copy the installation disk to a flash drive and install them from there and get around the problem with being unable to insert a disk?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you. I was coming to the conclusion of needing to take it to a shop... So on the flash drive idea?
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Yes. That will work. You can also just download those drivers from the website of the manufacturer and install them from your hard drive.

Sorry about the drive, hope it turns out well.

_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!