Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

why has my norton fire wall disapeared from my computer I have

why has my norton fire wall disapeared from my computer I have tried uninstall and re installed but it dos'nt appear I am using Imac ppc !0.4 and Norton Firewall 3.1
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.

When it disappeared, did anything special happen? Like a crash, freeze up? or did it just stop showing and seemed like it was not working anymore?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No , Because i had a high security setting on computer it always asked me to allow entry on itunes but then it didn't ask me one time I tried to get it up on screen to see what my security setting was but it would not even though it was still showing in the apps folder as being there so I uninstalled then reinstalled no change then uninstalled then re installed still can't get the programm on screen
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Ok.

We may need to do a real uninstall. That means all files associated with it and preferences, everything.

Let's start with preferences.
Go to your Hard Drive (Macintosh HD) and then open the Library Folder. In here open the Preferences folder and remove these 2 files if there:
com.symantec.NPF.plist
com.symantec.NPC.plist

If you can only find one (NPF.plist) that's OK.

Close the window and then run the uninstaller from the installer CD again. Make sure to restart after removing everything.

Now run the installer again and install it clean. Make sure to run LiveUpdate to make sure you are using the very latest version available.

See if that helps.