Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a sony cyber shot DSC-S650. I just got a macbook pro

I have a sony cyber shot DSC-S650. I just got a macbook pro and I can't get iphoto to upload the photos that are in it. Please advise
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some steps to do the trick....
  • Connect your Camera into your Mac by a USB/FireWire cable.
  • Turn your Camera On and you must put the camera in View or Playback Mode
  • iPhoto will automatically opens it
  • If iPhoto shows a list of camera then select your Camera from it
  • Now you can import the photos
Let Me Know how it goes before Accepting....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are happy with my answer, please click ACCEPT. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
camera is in usb mass storage mode
and iphoto is still not initializing at all
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
You mean "Camera in Mass Storage Mode",
Can you see the camera memory in Finder/Desktop like pendrive/thumb drive...
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Quick question...
Which version of Mac OS are you using ?
Is it Mac OS X 10.5 Leopad ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
10.5.6 and I don't know pendrive/thumbdrive

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to say that your Camera is not supported by Leopad....
Pendrive or thumdrive means this :
graphic
Wait....Wait....When you connected your camera in Mass Storrage Mode, are you able to see the icon like this in desktop
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is 10.5.6 Leopard and no i have not seen an icon on desktop

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Leopad does not support your Camera.....There is no driver released for Leopad yet !

I think your camera is a Memory Card Supported/compatible. Right ?
Do you have a Memory Card Reader ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no. memory card reader. yes it has a 2Gb memory card

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I think you have to wait for some time till the driver for leopad comes out....or
You can buy a Memory card Reader. You can get it at cheap rate ?

Don't ACCEPT my answer now..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
k thanks for your time sorry
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Before that..are you sure that your cable are good in physical condition...Are you able to open it in Windows. If so, you have to wait for the drivers or you want to buy a Memory Card reader.
Here are some readers : Click Here

If you are happy with my answer, please click ACCEPT, I hope you will give me a Positive Feedback also. My request is that Please Don't leave a Negative Feedback
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc