Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
4906461

cant send emails but can receive

cant send emails but can receive
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
What OS X version do you have?

What email client is this? Entourage? Mail? Other?

Let me know the above answers so we can get this squared away.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
version 10.5.6

mailI
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok.

Let's start with your settings and see what needs to change to get this working.

First, what is the name of your email provider? Please tell me like this:
"email at mailserver.com"
Don't use the @ symbol.

Next we will look at the settings after I get the correct ones from your provider.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
email at people.net.au
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok,
Great. Found it.

Now, go to your Mail application and open it.
Then click on the Mail menu and choose Preferences.
In here, click on Accounts.

Now, tell me what it says in the section for Incoming Mail Server.

Then look below that and click on the pop-up list next to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and tell me what it says in that window.

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Oh yes, what state are you in?

Thats important as well.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pop3.people.net.au

people(offline)

sydney nsw australia
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
OK,
In your Outgoing Servers list, you need it to say smtp.syd.people.net.au

So, click on that pop-up list again and this time, choose Edit Servers.

In the upper section of the edit server window, click in the field that has the server listed there now, go to the bottom section of that window and change it to
smtp.syd.people.net.au

Click OK and then close the Accounts window.
See if you can send mail now.

Click on this to go to the Peopletelecom.com website Support page for configuring Apple Mail.

It is very helpful in case you need to do this again.

Anything else, let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi mike still doesnt work
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok,

Then you will need to check with PeopleTelecom support by phone and maybe there is an issue with the account or your password XXXXX XXXXX

There may also be other settings that are not listed on the web support page that I do not know about.

Sorry I could not be of further assistance as this is all I know or could find out.

Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting