MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

want to install mime x-mplayer

Customer Question

want to install mime x-mplayer
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Also do you already have a mime-x-mplayer or seeking recommendation on which ones are available, that work with Macs?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
need to installmime-x-mplayer on mac10.5.6
Thanks for your reply.

Considering you are running Mac OS X 10.5.6 on your Mac, here is link of available x -mplayers that are compatible for Mac.

Mplayers (for Mac)

You may also want to check out VLC Media Player for Mac. I use this one and it works fantastic on Mac OS X 10.5x systems.

VLC MPlayer for Mac

Let me know if these help, as I am always glad to further assist you on you request.

Thanks for your patience!

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
installed both mplayer and vlc still tells me application mplayer2 not there when i try to watch live video feed
Thanks for the update.

If you would not mind, what are you attempting to watch and if so is there a web address you can give me. Maybe I can check these feed out with my mplayers on my test Mac.

Thanks for your patience, I await your reply.

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
live video feed for www. 4njbets.com horse racing site in New Jersey maybe I am just not installing properly I don't know .
Thanks for your update.

By the way are you using Internet Explorer for Mac?

-TD