MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

IF AN AIM LOGIN HAS PASSWORD XXXXX IN KEYCHAINS WHAT DO I DO

IF AN AIM LOGIN HAS PASSWORD XXXXX IN KEYCHAINS WHAT DO I DO? I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE KEYCHAINS.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

Here are some steps I recommend you try to resolve the issue with your Keychains.

First of all,
the purpose of the Keychain Utility in Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5 for example, is like that of a password XXXXX like a bank. This way the number of passwords that you have to keep track of, are reduced.

What this means to you is Keychain will store the passwords of the most common applications and web applications and functions like a single sign on for any password XXXXX application you use. To help you more here is a full explanation of the benefit of using keychains in your Mac OS X here are two links for the Mac OS X 10.4(Tiger) and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) systems

About Keychains (Mac OS X 10.4- Tiger)
About Keychains (Mac OS X 10.5- Leopard)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To access your AIM Login password XXXXX Keychain Access:

• Click anywhere on a blank space on your Desktop and then look up near the Apple menu icon, located in the upper left corner of your screen.
• Right next to the Apple menu icon, should now be Finder
• From the Finder menu bar, click on Go
• From the drop down menu, select Utilities this will take you to the Utilities folder

graphic

• Within the Utilities folder, locate and launch Keychain Access
• When you do launch Keychain Access, you see a list of all the different applications, websites and certificates that Keychain has stored for you.

For example, below, I am using my Yahoo Messenger account to show you how you
can access your passwords.

If you want to access the password XXXXX is stored for your AIM login,
simply double click click on the AIM name in the list and you will see this screen:

• At the bottom of this window, you will see the check box entitled Show password
• Next click the Save Changes button.
Now when you do this, one more small window will pop up (see next screen shot)

graphic

This checkbox if the final security requirement you have to meet
before Keychains Access will release your AIM login or any password
you are seeking to retrieve.

• Your login keychain in this case, is actually the Administrator
password XXXXX your Mac. This is also known as the User's login password XXXXX your
Mac.

graphic

• Once you enter your user password XXXXX correctly, the dialog window next to the the Show password: checkbox will reveal your AIM login password XXXXX any password XXXXX are attempting to access.

This is simple way to access your passwords via Keychain Access.

Let me know if this helps.

If you have need for further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply back to this post.

Regards,

-TD