MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I need TurboCad mac pro v2.0 help! I am not able at all to

I need TurboCad mac pro v2.0 help! I am not able at all to install it! I already tried to do it many times.I really am completely lost and confused now! I have an iMac with 2 gb
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, TD, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" -)
( If not sure how to check version of Mac OSX system- Click on Apple icon (Apple Menu) on upper left corner of screen- from the menu select "About this Mac" - you will see your version in the popup window)

• Are there any distinct error messages that appear when you attempt to install TurboCad Mac Pro v2.0?

• What is the common issue you see, when you attempt to install it? (i.e. application package just bounces up and down when clicked, installer does nothing, etc)

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just sentyou mor info! Ther is one Error: I am using the Mac OS 10.5.6 not 10.5.5! sorryabout that!
Thanks for your update.

How many discs does TurboCad Mac Pro 2.0 come with for installation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure wether you got my my first info/answer (I replied directly to your emai and later I read that I shall not do that) where I gave more detail! i.e When I am using the installe i am getting "0KB available" and thats it. Nothing else. How can i assign more Memory an where to! I am using an iMac with 2GB Ram and a 500MB HD on which I have installed every software i own!
I am a new Mac user, before the Mac I was using PC's from the Moment they were available! I now like the iMac better but I am a complete novice with it.

Werner Gruda

PS:
TurboCad came with 2 disks! 1 is TurboCad and the 2nd is 'Additional Drivers for Poer PC based Macs'!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry about my typo: 'Poer Poer PC based Macs' should read: 'POWER PC based Macs'! ut I think you know that anyway!

Werner (Customer)
Thanks Werner, I got your detailed reply this time.

So here is what I recommend you first try:

• Remove the current copy of TurboCad Mac Pro 2.0 that you currently have in the Applications folder to the Trash.

•• Next, from the same Finder window, click on your Home Folder in the sidebar window (the house icon with your username near it)
•Select Library folder then locate and open the Application Support folder
• Remove the IMSI folder to the trash
• Now click the back button on your Finder window and again, from the Library folder, select the Caches folder and remove that folder to the Trash

Once you have trashed the main copy as well as these folders that I have described above, reboot your Mac.

When you have reached your desktop, reply back to this post, and I will guide you in reinstalling your TurboCad once again.

I will await your reply. Thanks!

-TD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks - I will do that and come back to you! Sorry that I kept you waiting a bit - Natures Call!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I have done what you suggested and are at the desktop now!
Ok Werner first thing before you perform any reinstallation of TurboCad Mac Pro v2.0,
You will need to download this patch series from IMSI, via this link below.
Apparently there is a known issue with iMac (PowerPC)s have issues with installation because of a crucial file that is needed to allow the application to execute once installed.

TurboCAD Mac v2 patch

• After you finished install the patch files, then commence to reinstall your TurboCad Mac Pro 2.0 application again.

This should be all it takes for you to be able to effectively launch your application.
If you have any further issues, you are always welcome to reply back to this post.

One Final Bonus: IMSI has recently released TurboCAD Mac Pro v4 and have a demo available for trial. If you are thinking of looking into the newest version of this TurboCAD series, on the same webpage where the patch files for v2.0 are located, om the left side window, look up Free Trials and this link will take you to the Demo software downloads page. Give it a try if this interests you about what some of the new features are of this new version are.

Thanks again for your patience and keep me posted!

Regards,

-TD
Experience: Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years