Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

want to uninstall epson 9600 print driver and reinstall a

Customer Question

want to uninstall epson 9600 print driver and reinstall a new one..how do i do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Can you tell us what operating system you are using?

Can you also tell us why you are wishing to change the driver, Are you having issues?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mac 10 6 5     qaud 2.66
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

Do you mean 10.5.6?

Also are you wishing to just upgrade or are you having any issues?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
issue...   yes 10. 5 6    the prints are too dark...not sure what happened. I would like to uninstall and reinstall a new driver from epson....but how do I get all the old driver pieces out first..
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

If you have your old Epson disk for the printer you can close all apps then put the disk in the machine and open the Driver folder then open the printer folder, from there you should be able to double click your 9600 series icon then accept the licence agreement at which point you should be offered the choice to uninstall.

Once uninstalled just open your printer folder from the system menu then select the printer and remove it then unplug the printer and restart your Mac.

If that does not work can you then go to the Mac Hard Drive/Library/Printer folder and move the complete EPSON folder to the trash then unplug the printer and restart your Mac, once restarted empty the trash.

Once you have done that can you then download the latest driver from Epsons site and follow the prompts to reinstall your printer http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14427&infoType=Downloads

Let m eknow if you have any issues or need any more info.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok... going to restart ....how will I get in back intouch with you......
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

just log back into Justanswer.com and it will bring you back here or you can click the link ot this question you should have received in your email.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok   going to install again..
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,

Let me know how it goes.

By the way are you a print shop owner or do you work with signs?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I am not.. I am a fine artist... www.jterreson.com
it did not work....the prints are still dark.... ?.. not sure what happened... I have to call epson tomorrow i guess. ther are on a scale of 1-10 , 5 being perfect ..they are a 6-7 on the dark side..
Expert:  Claws224 replied 7 years ago.

Beautiful work,

I really like audtree steve.

What program are you printing from and have you changed anything recently such as updates?

Thanks