Shawn
Shawn, Computer Engineer
Experience:  15 years of Mac software and hardware troubleshooting experience, 10 years of programming experience
13058298

I cant find my Hardrive...and the icons and startup graphics

Customer Question

I can't find my Hardrive...and the icons and startup graphics appear oblong. I think my 3 year old possibly changed the calender. Could this be related? And if so, how do I change back the calender when there isn't even a hardrive icon?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shawn replied 7 years ago.

It sounds as if your screen resolution may have changed inadvertently. Let's try a simple fix and see if it solves the problem. Try resetting the PRAM by following these instructions from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

Let me know how that works for you. Kind regards,

Shawn

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

We tried resetting the PRAM. Now the apple icon and spinner during startup appear to be back to normal (not oblong) However, the password XXXXX still appears oblong and now a message on the desktop says "The calender has been set back before March 24 2001 possibly causing applications to behave irratically." And still the hardrive isn't present.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I tried resetting the PRAM and now my apple icon and spinner appear normal (not oblong like before)
However, there is no hardrive still. And a msg now appears that the calender is set before March 24 2001 that may cause applications to behave irratically. And this they are. I appreciate the help!!