Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I inherited a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 5200C. Can I run it on

Customer Question

I inherited a Hewlett Packard ScanJet 5200C. Can I run it on my G5? Also have Dell PC with Vista and XP and it won't run on it either. Neither computer recognizes the scanner... and if it does show up for a few minutes, it says there is no software. HELP!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think HP doesn't released a driver for HP Scanjet 5200c for Mac OS and it is impossible to use it on Mac OS. But there is a special kind of software for Mac OS named VueScan, i think i saw your scanner's name on the "Supported Scanners List"
and i hope VueScan can help you to make the scanner work on your Mac.
If you have the required cables to connect the scanner to Mac then you can use VueScan,
Download VueScan : Click Here (Remember : From the OS selection links, choose your correct VueScan version for your Mac OS version before downloading VueScan)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this answer helped you then please click ACCEPT, So that i will get paid for helping you and please leave a Positive Feedback. A Bonus is also appreciated. If it does not solved your problem Please Dont Click ACCEPT and Reply Back
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
Okay, you said that you already tried VueScan, but are you sure you downloaded the correct version. I mean if you have Mac OS X 10.4 and if you downloaded VueScan for Mac OS X 10.2 or Mac OS 9 version then there is chance for some errors/not working
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am running version 10.4.11 so I downloaded the 10.4 version and when it didn't work, I downloaded the 8.5.10 version that said it runs with Leopard. I am running Panther. Could this be the problem?
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
May be...
Inorder to run VueScan perfectly , you must download the correct version that compatible with your OS, So download this and try again. You must uninstall the older version before installing new version...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already downloaded and tried this version of VueScan three times. I get an ABORT button. The VueScan will not quit. Even keeps my G5 from shutting down. Does not work.
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 years ago.
I only know this solution for this problem and i am not familiar with this Scanner. So I am going to opt out and other good experts will help you to solve your issue.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Ashik for the attempt. Appreciate it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Am trying to use VueScan on either my Mac G5 or my Dell XP PC to connect Hewlett Packard ScanJet 5200C. It will not work on either computer. I have downloaded numerous versions or VueScan, but it just freezes my screen and when I try to preview a scan, the abort button blinks and the scanner does nothing. Is there a scanner program out there compatible with my G5 or Dell XP (other than VueScan) that I could try?