Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

I am unable to print from my e-mail. The paper goes through

Customer Question

I am unable to print from my e-mail. The paper goes through and prints only a line on the top and body of the page without the message in the body of the document showing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  barunrath replied 7 years ago.

What's the email client/webmail service you are using?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
msn.com
Expert:  barunrath replied 7 years ago.
Okay ..and what's the web browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc., you are using to access your Hotmail account?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Safari. I'm going to be away for a couple of hours.
Expert:  barunrath replied 7 years ago.
Okay ..are you using a Mac, by any chance?

Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I am using a Mac.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I am using a Mac. HP printer C4180.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bedtime. I'll check tomorrow afternoon (Calif. time).
Expert:  barunrath replied 7 years ago.
I'll pass this on to the Mac experts so that they can take this further from here.

Regards
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

Your best bet is to use Firefox instead of Safari. But if you'd like to stick with Safari there are a few things you can do to print these emails. They may not be the way you want to print them but these answers will get them printed.

1) Take a screen shot of your email by pressing the keys Command Shift 4. Your cursor will turn into crosshairs and you click, hold down and drag diagonally across the area you want printed on your screen. The screenshot will show up on your desktop as picture 1. Open the file. It should open in Preview app. You can click the menu File/Print and print your screenshot of your email here.

2) While in Safari go under the Develop menu heading and select User Agent/any version of Firefox after opening your MSN mail. This should reformat the page to display correctly and be able to print it.