Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I just got a Samsung BL P2500 and have hooked it up to the

Customer Question

I just got a Samsung BL P2500 and have hooked it up to the internet via a LAN connection and I cannot get it to connect to my network. I have it set up so that the modem goes into a cheap dynex router which has one ethernet wire going to the blu ray player and the other going to my airport express.

Not sure if it's a problem with the blu ray player or the router (both are new). The wireless internet works, but when i plug a computer directly into the router or even the modem, they don't connect (which is odd to me because the airport works when plugged in through either).
Category: Mac
Expert:  sandypcnut1 replied 7 years ago.

Try this- take the router out of the picture and just connect directly to the modem

if that works then I would point to the router or how the configuration is set up

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried that and it didn't work. But when I hooked my computer up directly to the modem, that didn't work either (but when I hook up the airport either to the modem directly or through the router, that works)
Are you able to hook all up to go through the airport
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, the blu ray player is not able to receive wireless internet (that's why i bought the dynex router...just to split the cable from the modem to the airport and the blu ray player)
i have opted out so that another Mac expert can help you with the blu ray
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The status on this still says waiting for there something you have to do to get it to another expert?
no someone else will pick up the question
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can anyone help me get my network running so I can have network access for my blu ray player?