Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I tried to delete .DS Store from my iMac Intel G5 (Tiger) with

Customer Question

I tried to delete .DS Store from my iMac Intel G5 (Tiger) with the Onyx cleaning program but when I hit the Restart button something went wrong and there appeared several blinking icons (apple's logo; slashed circle; question mark) that will not quit. I tried inserting the Tiger disk to reboot the machine but nothing happened and the disk is still in the slot. How now?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hai I am Ashik. I think i can help you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like your Mac OS confused with the Startup Disk or May be the cleaninig software deleted important files/startup files of your Mac OS. First we can try to repair the disk. Insert the Mac OS Disks and press an hold C. Hold the button down until you see an spinning wheel. Follow the on-screen instructions (Remember you are not here to Install Mac OS). From the utility menu click " Disk Utility " and from the window click the button " Repair Disk " and "Repair Persmission". Then reboot your Mac.

If the above solution not solved your Problem then you need to Re-Install Mac OS.
Reboot your Mac and hold down the C button. Follow the on-screen instructions. (Warninig : You will see a option to do a clean installation, don't do it. If so, all your data will be deleted ")
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this answer helped you then please click ACCEPT, So that i will get paid for helping you and please leave a Positive Feedback. A Bonus is also appreciated. If it does not solved your problem Please Dont Click ACCEPT and Reply Back
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As mentioned, I inserted the Tiger disk hoping rebooting might solve the problem. When I tried to start the computer (while holding down the C key) nothing happened. I tried the same procedure in several different ways without success. The disk is still in the slot and I cannot eject it. Meanwhile, the blinking icons continue uninterrupted by anything I do. The only way to stop it is to shut the machine down.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Are you sure that you are inserted the correct Mac OS installation disk.
Lets eject the disk.... Turn your computer on and immediately press and hold the eject button on your keyboard. After some time, the disk will be ejected.
Or you can also press the left mouse button to eject the disk. Press and hold the left mouse button immediately after the power on.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
did the disk ejected ???
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the Tiger disk was ejected and I inserted the Mac OS Install disk, started up the computer while holding the C key down and nothing changed. The blinking icons reappeared and continued blinking.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Insert the Mac OS Restore Disk/Install Disk and hold down the Option Key and you can see two starup disks. One is your Hard Drive and another one is the CD drive. First select the Harddrive (may be named Homedisk/Macintosh HD) and press return
If it still not starts, then restart again and hold down the Option key again and now select CD drive. Please let me know if it works.....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Only the Hard Drive image appears and when I select it and press Return the blinking icons resume. But things are looking up and your help is certainly appreciated and worth more to me than the initial amount selected.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
That means your CD drive is not detecting the disk inserted on it....

Lets try resetting NVRAM and PRAM...Click Here
After resetting NVRAM and PRAM follow my above steps
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
OK, Here are some other steps to do,

Zap PRAM
Cmd-Opt-P-R - Hold these keys down until you have heard the mac chime two or three times.

Boot into Singe-User Mode
1. Shut down the computer if it is on.
2. Press the power button to start the computer.
3. Immediately press and hold the Command (Apple) + s keys
4. You will see a command screen.
5. At the command-line prompt, type /sbin/fsck -fy
6. After finishing the process, type reboot and try to load OS

Don't ACCEPT my answer if it not worked

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Opps! Tried to use the wrong iMac Install disk. But found and used the right one and am now having the program installed. I want to thank you very much for the help which was worth more than the $10.00 initially selected. You have my permission to charge my credit card double that amount. Again, thank you!

Clifford K. Lonokapu
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Friend,
Nice to hear that it worked and i am glad to help you.
If you like my service then please leave a positive feedback..
Thanks,