Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I cant get a DVD I burned at work (on a MAC) to mount when

Customer Question

I can't get a DVD I burned at work (on a MAC) to mount when I put it in here at home (also a MAC). Checked System Preferences and that's set up properly. Any advice?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
There are some earlier Mac that don't have a DVD player but you would have to be five years or more old.
It's possible that the DVD didn't burn correctly or that there is a finger print or smudge on the surface of the disk, or it was created in a wrong format.
Most of the time just inserting a DVD is enough to start the DVD player, but just in case launch the DVD player and then insert the DVD. You can also choose OPEN from DVD player and navigate to the movie you want to play.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your fast reply. Had a friend copy dvd contents to new cd and it worked. Doesn't solve my obvious computer issue, so I'll be in touch again. Need to meet deadline right now. Many, many thanks. I appreciate what you do and what you know.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Ok let me know how I can help you.