Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

A window in on my desktop & I cant get rid of it. The red

Customer Question

A window in on my desktop & I can't get rid of it. The red x is not lit up - just the yellow minus and the green plus. The window is titled "Archive Utility" (I don't see this in finder apps) & beneath it says "Unarchiving attachments such&such" I deleted those attachments. I tried dragging the window to trash. I can't force quit. It just sits there! Thanx
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hai I am Ashik. I think i can help you
Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do this ,
Make sure that the computer is shut down. Press the power button. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator
Then goto System Preferences>Accounts and click Login Items and uncheck or remove them all...
Then restart now (now you don't have restart in Safe Mode)
If this answer helped you then please click ACCEPT, So that i will get paid for helping you and please leave a Positive Feedback. A Bonus is also appreciated. If it does not solved your problem Please Dont Click ACCEPT and Reply Back
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But I have to restart my computer you said - so I don't want to click accept until after I know if the answer helped or not. Can I just come back to this URL after I restart and you will still be there & THEN I can click accept?
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Yes,Just add a bookmark of this Page and we can continue our Conversation after restarting
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for Accepting my answer. I hope it worked....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, thank you Ashik. When I went to the login items as you instructed, one of them was "Windows UA daemon" - which I suppose is some type of malicious intruder? The only problem after that, was that I was not able to talk to you again. I came back to this page but the only option was to accept or not. But you solved my problem, so you did a good job for me! Thank you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Thank you