Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Argh! I kept getting an error message on my Mac laptop everytime

Argh! I kept getting an error message on my Mac laptop everytime I tried to open any Office app. I would have transcribed the exact message except now, since I installed something that I THOUGHT would work, I now get the Microsoft Set-Up Assistant. I can never get out of it, even if it detects the 12.1.5 update I had uploaded and I re-upload that. Unfortunately, I do not have the software to reinstall the suite. Can you please tell me how to fix this? Thanks!
Hai I am Ashik. I think i can help you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need some information from you,
Which version of Office ( Microsoft Office) are you using ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, Ashik! I am using 2008.
Ok lets try to delete its prefernces files (Please copy the files that we are going to delete into a removable media or other disk)

You need to delete each preferences of each Office Software, for eg : lets take word

Close Microsoft Word and delete this file : ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Word.plist open word and check the problem
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this answer helped you then please click ACCEPT, So that i will get paid for helping you and please leave a Positive Feedback. A Bonus is also appreciated. If it does not solved your problem Please Dont Click ACCEPT and Reply Back
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not following. Where do i find this file?
You can find this on your Mac OS Home Disk (Normally, named Machintosh HD)
Forgot to tell, delete this also
~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.office.plist (Make backup before deleting)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, so I could not find this file! I see all sorts of com.apple....but no com.microsoft.office.plist
can you find com.microsoft.Word.plist
You can use Spotlight to find this file
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, it's not in library/preferences...
The file must be in there...........search with Spotlight
And Hold Down Shift key and launch Office
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i did a search and couldn't find it.
Hmm... did you tried to open the Office while holding Shift Key
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, but then it asked for me to reinstall the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant.
Please check the file inside this folder..
~/Users/[your account]/Library/Preferences/com.Microsoft.Word.plist

Or create a new account and try to open office
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay! i found that in the users folder. should i save and then delete?
Yes, save into another folder and delete it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, done!
try to open it and please let me know if it worked or not. If not create a new user account and launch office from it

And are you using a duplicate (pirated) Office 2008 ???
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do you mean open word? i tried that and it didn't work!

I'm not sure, someone gave me this laptop with the software already installed on it. how do i know?
No way to know...one way to make sure
If you are facing this Problem only after updating then you are using a Pirated Office.
When you update office, microsoft will check your serial number and they will backlist it/remove it if they found it invalid. The only way to get rid of this is to buy a new serial from Microsoft and re-enter it.

Click Here and Here
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, thanks soooo much! I'm p*ssed that it was a pirated copy. Is there a good place to purchase for very little?
Microsoft Office are very expensive. But e-bay and Amazon are always waiting for you. Serch e-bay or Amazon and you will defenitly get at cheap rate.

(If you are ready to buy from E-bay or Amazon, please check Seller's Feedback before you make purchase)

E-Bay Sample Search
Amazon Sample Search
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay one last question! i found downloadable office 08 on http://www.buy-oem.org/shop/item/microsoft_office_2008_mac/...for just $99.00. Do you think this is valid?
I never bought any softwares from that site. I hope it will be valid.
But remember it may be a Single User license. So don't install this on any other computer and don't share it with anyone.
Thank you for Accepting my answer and the Positive Feedback. Have a nice day

"Once again, don't share it with anyone and install it only in one Computer"