Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I WOULD LIKE HELP WITH SET UP OF OUR WIRELESS (airport extream) to PRINT FROM MY MAC BOOK AND MY WIFES POWERBOOK 4. it worked before i got the leapord and put windows on my macbook. i would very much like to talk to a real person.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
All you need to do is plug your printer into the USB port of your Airport Extreme. Then reinstall the printer on each of your Macs.
Highlight the printer there or add a new printer with the + button on the bottom of the column.
Your printer should show up on the list. I would guess that RENDEZVOUS would be the printer method.
Select the proper printer driver.
That should do it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my wife power book g4 is diff software and still doesnt work.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
Connecting to a network printer
If your computer is connected to a network, you can use the printers in your local area, including those that use Bonjour (formerly Rendezvous), AppleTalk, and OpenDirectory.

Open a document to print, and then choose File > Print.
Choose Add Printer from the Printer pop-up menu, select the printer in the dialog that appears, and then click Add.
The dialog lists shared, Bonjour, AppleTalk, and Open Directory printers. You may need to wait a short while before your printer appears.

If you don't see your printer, click More Printers, choose your printer's type from the pop-up menu in the dialog that appears, select the printer, and then click Add.
If the specific type of printer you're using is listed, choose that type. For example, if you're using an Epson AppleTalk printer, you may be able to choose Epson AppleTalk.

If you choose AppleTalk, another pop-up menu appears that lets you choose the AppleTalk zone for the printer.

When you select your printer in the Add Printer or More Printers dialog, Mac OS X finds the printer's driver and adds the printer to the Printer pop-up menu. If Mac OS X cannot the printer driver, "Driver not Installed" or "Gimp-print" appears in the model pop-up menu.

If you still cannot find the printer, it may be an IP printer, and you will need to follow the instructions for how to set up an IP printer.