Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My Power Mac G4 running OSX 10.4.11 freezes up and forces me

Customer Question

My Power Mac G4 running OSX 10.4.11 freezes up and forces me to restart by hitting the power button. It used to happen using the latest version of itunes or accessing the internet via a Aerolite Plus WUA-880 wireless adapter. I recently archived/reinstalled OSX on my machine and now only experience the freeze ups when accessing certain websites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hai I am Ashik. I think i can help you
Solution 1 - Disk Utility

Insert your Mac OS Disks and Restart your Mac and hold down C after the startup tone.
You must hold down the key until you see an grey screen. Follow the instructions (Remember you are not here to install Mac OS), From the Utility Menu Select Disk Utility. Then click the buttons names "Repair Disk" and "Repair Permissions" and after finishing the job restart your Mac.

Solution- Restart in Safe Mode
  • Make sure the computer is shut down
  • Press the power button.
  • Immediately after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key.
  • Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple and progress indicator
  • Then goto System Preferences>Accounts and click Login Tabs. Uncheck/Disable all items in it and restart now (no need to restart in Safe Mode)
If the problem still exists after you done the two solutions then it may be a bug/spyware or virus. It is better to do a clean installation of Mac OS

If this answer helped you then please click ACCEPT, So that i will get paid for helping you and please leave a Positive Feedback. A Bonus is also appreciated. If it does not solved your problem Please Dont Click ACCEPT and Reply Back