Rob
Rob, Mac Genius
Experience:  14 years Mac experience, 10 years Mac Consulting, ran a printshop for 23 years.
11909858

Im trying to install a Canon printer. Keep being asked for

I'm trying to install a Canon printer. Keep being asked for a password. Have no idea what it is. What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.

Most software that needs to be installed from an installer asks for a system password. This is the same password XXXXX you log in your computer with. If you have forgotten it I can run you through how to reset your password.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess I forgot to tell you that I tried to change the password, but I need to know the old password XXXXX order to do it. I do not need a password XXXXX log in my computer.
Expert:  Rob replied 7 years ago.
If you have tried the password XXXXX login to your computer and the software installer tells you it's not the correct password, you probably need to reset your password.

If there are no other user accounts on your computer the login password XXXXX XXXXX one the installer is asking for. That is also called the administrator's password.

To reset your system/administrator/login password:

Get your System Install/Restore disk. Insert it in the computer. Restart your computer holding the C key. The computer will start up from the CD. When you see the language selection screen click the next button. Then at the top click the Utilities menu and select Reset Password. You can make the password XXXXX ever you'd like and you won't have to remember your old password. Go to File/Quit then select restart your computer from the Apple logo in the upper left corner and try installing your printer again with the new password.