Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I bought a new Mac with OS 10.5.6. I loaded my old CS2 and

I bought a new Mac with OS 10.5.6. I loaded my old CS2 and a month later, upgraded to CS4. My problem is with Dreamweaver. I make the changes to the files with no problem, but none of the changes will load to the website.
Category: Mac
Expert:  sandypcnut1 replied 5 years ago.

Is it possible for you to totally UNinstall CS2 / what I mean by that is the CS4 application a full install or just an upgrade?

Often times an upgrade will take the defaults of the prior software and it may be that CS4 is not seeing the settings of CS2

Sandy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm all designer with absolutely no programing/hardware intelligence. How do I go about searching and deleting only CS2 files?
I only paid $600 for the upgrade on Adobe.com, not for the full packages so I'm assuming I only upgraded and did not install the full application
I would not take out the CS2 as it would make CS4 not work properly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
any other suggestions?
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

Since the other expert opted out, I'd like to try to assist you with this issue.

Are you getting any errors when you attempt to put your site up? Are you using Dreamweaver's Site feature or are you using a different FTP program to place the files on your site?

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm using Dreamweaver's site feature. No other program and I'm not received any error notice.
Do you already have a site configured with your files? Have you used the Put button to place the files on your site? Once you edit them, they are only saved locally. You must select the file(s) or folder(s) and click the Up arrow (Labeled Put) to place them on your site. If you are doing this, make sure your path is correct. Many times the issue is that the files are not being placed in the right directory (some sites it's a folder labeled "www" or "public_html")

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the site is configured. The “put” button doesn't register. When I click on it, the menu, other than “design notes” is grayed out so you cannot select anything.

Are you selecting the files you wish to upload first? You can also choose the site folder (first item in the list) to select the entire site then use the Put button. Also, you can try using Put under the Site menu.

Let me know if either of these work.

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The “get” and “put” options under the Site menu and arrows are now selectable and act as though they are doing their job, but when I go to the site it still isn't updated.

As for the site folder (first item in the list), I'm not sure what you are talking about - sorry.
Make sure your site is properly configured (especially the Host Directory field). Who is your hosting provider? Perhaps I can locate the settings needed. The below picture is from my PC as I do not own a copy of CS4 for my Mac but it should look the same.

graphic

The site folder I am talking about is the folder at the top of the list that starts with "Site-" as seen below.

graphic

I hope this helps,
Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The service provider is 1and1.com. I honestly don't remember how I set up the directory - whether it was FTP or Local Root folder. I have all of the files on my computer so I assume it is my local root folder. I checked all of that and it seems to be right. I also chose the site folder) to select the entire site then Put but still no updates.

This is the only website I've done (is it obvious) and it's for a musician that has constant changes to his performance dates so this is really a bad thing!

Thank you for your patience.
Sorry for my delay in responding to you. Please check your site settings and be sure that the Host Directory field is empty. See their FAQ on this for more info.

Brandon
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Host Directory field is empty. I have the location of my files in the “FTP Host” location but nothing else under Site Definition: Remote Info.

In Local Info I have the name of my site under SIte name and the location of my files under ”Local root folder:“
opted out
I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to you. Your FTP host should be an address that starts with ftp. You will need to check with your host to determine what this might be. If you have a welcome email from them, please paste the section regarding your server information (leaving out your password!) and I can point out to you what it should be.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Found the solution . . . press the refresh button on my browser!
Thanks for all of your help, though.

I noticed that the charge has already been billed to my CCard, so I'm afraid to press “accept” for fear of being charged again. Let me know.

Glad to be of assistance. The charge on the card was to fund your JustAnswer account.

By clicking Accept, you accept my answer and transfer the funds from your JustAnswer account to me.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Brandon
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
O.K. Thanks
congratulations on your solution, please keep us in mind in the future