Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting

I downloaded the iphoto 09 and was ready to make a slideshow

Customer Question

I downloaded the iphoto 09 and was ready to make a slideshow but it won't give me all the themes!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

I was just reading about this issue this morning.

What Mac do you have?
Go to your Apple Menu and choose About this Mac...
Then click on the More Info button.

In here, select all of the text on the right side and then paste it into a reply to me here.

I'll let you know what i think when I see your configuration.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hardware Overview:

Model Name:     PowerBook G4 17"
Model Identifier:     PowerBook5,9
Processor Name:     PowerPC G4 (1.5)
Processor Speed:     1.67 GHz
Number Of CPUs:     1
L2 Cache (per CPU):     512 KB
Memory:     1.5 GB
Bus Speed:     167 MHz
Boot ROM Version:     4.9.6f0
Serial Number:     YD544JVTSX0
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State:     Enabled

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok.

Now in that same window, go to the Graphics/Display section under hardware and then copy that text and paste into a reply.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700:

Chipset Model:     ATY,RV360M11
Type:     Display
Bus:     AGP
VRAM (Total):     128 MB
Vendor:     ATI (0x1002)
Device ID:     0x4e50
Revision ID:     0x0000
ROM Revision:     113-xxxxx-169
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution:     1280 x 800
Depth:     32-bit Color
Core Image:     Hardware Accelerated
Main Display:     Yes
Mirror:     Off
Online:     Yes
Quartz Extreme:     Supported
Built-In:     Yes
Display Connector:
Status:     No display connected

Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Wow.. Ok, you meet all of the criteria that Apple claims is needed...More than 64MB Video Ram, and the Processor is a G4 at 1.67 MHz.

Now you say you downloaded it. Do you mean installed from the disk? Or did you actually Download it from somewhere?

If from the disk, did you do a complete install? Or customize it?

If a download, where did you get it from?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry, from a disk. Did not customize it.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok, so the complete iLife suite was installed.

I was a little off in my assessment of your Mac.

Here is the Apple iPhoto Knowledgebase article that describes what it available to your Mac:

Ken Burns
Classic

That's it.

Read the article for more info, but basically the G4 processor is what is holding it back.

Sorry,
_____________________________________________
If this Answer has helped you, please click Accept so I can be
paid for assisting. Positive Feedback is also appreciated!
Mike, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple trained Technician, A+ Certified, 20+ years of Mac support, repairs, training, and consulting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks - that's disappointing news.

Guess I can't install a new processor.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
No, sorry. Not for a laptop. If you had a G4 desktop, maybe a G5 upgrade.

Yeah, bad news for sure.

Thanks for the Accept though. I do appreciate that.