Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

iweb how do I upload my completed website

I already host a site through mobileme. I want to host a separate one. There's one small detail I just can't remember...
I've saved the site to it's own folder on my desktop.
I know the Cname for mobileme.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there.

I just want to clarify this question a little bit. You currently have a site hosted on your MobileMe and and want to host a second site on your MobileMe using your domain through GoDaddy. Is this correct?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Right. I've purchased a separate domain name through GoDaddy for a separate sight....
Thanks for clarifying your question for me. Here is a great article on exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the procedure and I will try my best to assist you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
O.K. I think the hang-up is in iweb. When I publish, BOTH sites look like they are publishing--though when I visit, I only get the original url and site. How do I separate them?
The second site will need to be in a subfolder of the first site. Create a new folder and put the second site in it and publish it. Use GoDaddy to point the domain to the address to the subfolder.

Hope this helps,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks! O.K. I've saved it to a folder. THEN what do I do? I guess I don't understand how to publish from the FOLDER....
Publish the entire site as you normally do. It will include the folder in the publish. When it's done publishing, check to make sure it published correctly by visiting your mobileme site and put the folder name on the end of the URL. You should see your second website. Use this URL on GoDaddy.