Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.

I have a 3180 photosmart printer. Each time I try to print,

Customer Question

I have a 3180 photosmart printer. Each time I try to print, a screen tells me the printer connection is opened, and then the job stops. I've deleted items in the queue, and try again, but automatically get a "jobs stopped" notice. Help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  NeOh replied 7 years ago.

Can you please tell me the exact error message you are getting ?
( error code also if any)

Also what is your operating system ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I use a Mac os X system. the only error message I get is "jobs stopped." I tried deleting the items in the queue, but when I go back in 2 items reappear, and the Jobs stopped message is in the window.
Expert:  NeOh replied 7 years ago.

I will refer this question to another expert. i am opting out

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
If your print job prints for a while then stops the check your paper size in the print dialog box. If you are set up for a small paper size but you have larger paper loaded the printer would think it had a paper jam and stop.

If that's not the trouble, sometimes the job queue gets messed up if one print job hasn't succeeded and quite frankly the only way I found to remedy this situation was to take out your printer driver from the System Prefs and reload it. Not very elegant, I know, but it has worked for me.

Click on the printer that is acting up to highlight it in the Print & Fax pane, click on the - (minus) button. Once it has been taken off the list, click on the + (plus) button and navigate to the correct driver to reload it. You might want to check online at for a newer version of the driver.