Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm

I have a 2g iphone, and Ive had this particular one fo

Hey guys,
I have one of the 2G Iphones, running the 2.2 OS. I've had this particular phone for under a year. I've taken pretty good care of it, and usually keep it charged. However, I forgot to charge it lastnight. So, the phones battery eventually dies, and it displays the battery icon to recharge. So, as soon as I got home, I tried to charge the phone. It never began to charge nor respond. I've tried multiple chargers, and I've also tried to reset the phone by holding both buttons. I really need to get my phone back up and running, anyone know how to help?
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Apple has a note about it here;
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The phone is completely off, and holding the top button yeilds no result.
Is your adapter plugged in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the adapter is plugged in and working correctly. It charges my ipod normally.
Reset it by holding down the home button and the button on the top till you eventually get the apple logo on screen.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've already tried this.
Did you hold down both top and home. You'll need to hold them for awhile.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I did. I've had to do that to my phone previously.
You must move the silence button on red then press home+shutdown after that move the silence button to normal and press home+shutdown again. Now the apple logo should appear.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried it with no response from the phone.
Hi there,

Since the other expert opted-out, I'd like to assist you with this issue. How long have you left the iPhone charge? Does anything appear on the screen while it's plugged in? Are you sure the wall outlet you are using works?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've left it one time for 20 minutes, I then left it plugged in lastnight all night as a bit of wishful thinking. Still nothing. Nothing at all appears on the screen when it's plegged in. The wall outlet does work.
Were you having any issues with how long the phone would last? Did you purchase any AppleCare with this iPhone?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, the phone has been functioning normally. This is the 3rd Iphone apple has given me while I've been under contract. I didn't buy applecare.
I think i've exhausted all ideas. It definately sounds more hardware. My suggestion would be to make an appointment with your local Apple Store and have them look at it. It's possible that the battery itself is drained to the point it will not hold a charge anymore. If Apple just needs to replace the battery, it should only cost $79, I believe.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm