Bob Cook
Bob Cook, Mac Genius
Experience:  I have sold Macintosh Computers since 1984. I started Sun Remarketing in 1983 and sold over 25,000.
16295453

How do I stop the message keychain cannot be found to store

Customer Question

How do I stop the message "keychain cannot be found to store safari"?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
(1) Open Keychain Access in Finder, (2) select Keychain First Aid. The popup provides the option of "Verify" and "Repair." Run "Verify" and then run "Repair."
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it didn't work
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is Bob Cook still available? Would like to hear another idea about solving the annoying message. Thanks.
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
open your FINDER and navigate to ~/Library/Prefernces/ and move the file com.apple.keychainaccess.plist to the desktop.

If that didn't solve it put the file back and open DISK UTILITY and run REPAIR FILE PERMISSIONS.

If that doesn't solve it then reset PRAM by rebooting and immediately press and hold APPLE - OPTION - P - R keys. Keep the keys down until you hear the mac chime three times then let go of the keys.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I keep writing responses that disappear before i send them. will write again if the restart doesn't do the trick. thanks
Expert:  Bob Cook replied 7 years ago.
ok thanks