MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

My PIXMA MP210 printer has suddenly stopped printing the bottom

Customer Question

My PIXMA MP210 printer has suddenly stopped printing the bottom half of the page! Top half is fine; bottom half either totally blank or with one or two lines. Any ideas? Can find nothing in the manual.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank for seeking technical assistance for your Mac .I am Sr. Mac Support Specialist, TD at your service.

If possible, would you mind providing me :

• What version of Mac OS X you are using? (i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6" or "Mac OS X 10.4.11" etc -
If unsure how to verify what version of Mac OS X you have- do this:Click on Apple Menu icon - Upper left corner of your screen and select "About this Mac from the menu- The little window that pops up will reveal what version you have)

• Has this been, from what you can recall an intermittent issue, or has this just started occuring today?

• Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers for your Pixma MP 210 Printer?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question. Thanks!

-TD

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Using OS X 10.5.5

Problem started yesterday only but persists.

I don't know how to "reinstall the drivers" and can't seem to find it in the manual.
Thanks for your reply and that is ok.

I have a step here I would like you to try:

#1- Run your Software Updates and update to Mac OS X 10.5.6

• To run Software Updates, simply click on the Apple icon ( Apple icon, located upper left corner of your screen)
• Select Software Updates
• Follow the brief onscreen prompts until you see the window with all of the current updates that need to be installed.
• Look for Mac OS X 10.5.6 Update
• Commence to install the update or all updates (this is actually a good process)
( Software Updates will guide you what you have to after the update)

# XXXXX Update your Canon MP210 driver

Click link below and update to the most current driver software for your
Canon Printer (MP210 series Printer Driver Ver. 10.1.2.0 )

MP210 series Printer Driver Ver. 10.1.2.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need ANY assistance during these processes, please let me know.

Just to advise you, these are just updates but should be able to help with the print out issue you are experiencing.

I look forward to your reply. Thanks!

-TD

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Tried all the above and the problem persists. Anything else that might work? Buy new printer?
Actually no. I want to look into this issue a bit further for you and provide some troubleshooting steps for you to see if we can get this issue resolved. I have to step away for about 2 hours for a personal appointment I have to attend to.

But if you don't mind allowing me the opportunity, I will be back continuing where we left off. I have worked successfully on Canon printer issues with the Pixma class of printers before, but they can be a little tricky. So I need to make sure I have tried as much as I can to assist you before taking any more aggressive steps.

And no, don't go out and buy a new printer yet. We are not quite finished yet- these previous instructions I provided you were just preliminary ones. I will be corresponding back within 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience!

-TD
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
okay, but I'm going to bed now and will look in in the morning to see where we stand. Many thanks for your persistence.,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess you've given up on my problem? Should I try someone else or pack it in?
Hi again.
Oh no- not at all. I am just getting in now.
As a result I am preparing an new set of processes for you to correct this issue. A little after your post yesterday and after a long day, I had to follow your lead and closed down for the night as my eyes began to call it quits.

I am refreshed and back on the job. Allow me about 20 mins and I will be replying back to you.

Thanks for all your patience thus far!

-TD
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just talked to your colleagues at the telephone help line and one of them led me to have a look at the ink supply. Very low, so the problem appears to be as simple as that. Off now to get new ink cartridge. Odd thing is that the test page still seems to print out just fine--bottm half as well as top half of page. Oh well. Many thanks for your help.